A few days back I was going through a book by Deepak Chopra. There was a particular line by him that just drilled its way right into my brain. I am sharing it here. He was talking about relationships and how we cling on to people as well as objects at times consciously and at times unconsciously. This behaviour is obviously very irritating for the person we are clinging too..but we dont realise its doubly unhealthy and harmful to us than to whom we are clinging. The only option to live happy and fulfilled is to let go. Let go of the past, of failed relationships, of sorrows and pains, of joys that were taken away, of injustice, of love..
To remind us whenever required of how suffocating it is to cling and what a relief it is to let go, he asks us to to do this..
Take in a deep breath, filling your lungs with oxygen
Hold on to it
Don't breathe out for as long as possible
Just keep on holding on to it, it's oxygen, it's yours, it's good, why let it go..keep holding on to it
Sense what you are feeling
Now slowly exhale
let go, even if it is good, even if it is yours, let go slowly
Now sense your feelings!!
I was bowled by this simple exercise, knowing is one thing, and doing it is totally another! Do it guys..you will realise the joy of letting go!!
On that note am passing on the two awards that were given to me.
The first one was International blogger's community award from Sucharita Sarkar. Thanks Sucharita it made me feel special.
1. The person who tagged me: Sucharita Sarkar 2. Her site URL: 3. Date of Tag: 28th June 2009 4. Persons I have tagged are:
I am passing on my happiness to
Kishore, SumanDebRay, Shaye of Miller Memories, Anil, JD, and Roshni Mitra Chintalapati
The Rules for this tag are:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Copy the image above, the rules and the questionnaire in this post.
3. Post this in one or all of your blogs.
4. Answer the four questions following these Rules.
5. Recruit at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll by sharing this with them.
6. Come back to BLoGGiSTa iNFo CoRNeR (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK) at http://bloggistame.blogspot.com and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.
7. Have Fun!
Questions & Your Answers:
1. The person who tagged you:
2. His/her site's title and url:
3. Date when you were tagged:
4. Persons you tagged:
The second award was The honest scrap award from NR. Wow!! am really happy!
This award is being passed on to
Ishita, Bluebird, Shivi, and Gymnast
I hope all of you enjoy the moment as much as I did and then promptly let it go..
Thanks for visiting. All the encouragement is truly and sincerely appreciated!